About This Site
We do not direct our website to minors and we do not knowingly collect personal data from children under the age of 13 or as defined by local legal requirements. If we learn we have mistakenly or unintentionally collected or received personal data from a child without appropriate consent, we will delete it. If you believe we mistakenly or unintentionally collected any information from or about a child, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional contact information is available at the end of this policy.
How We Collect Data About You
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to and where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests. We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct Interactions. Like many websites, this site actively collects information from its visitors both by asking you specific questions and by permitting you to communicate directly with us via e-mail, links to our social media, and/or feedback forms. Some of the information that you submit may be personal data (that is, information that can be uniquely identified with you, such as your full name, address, e-mail address, phone number, and so on). Additionally, some areas of this site may require you to submit information in order for you to benefit from particular features (such as newsletter subscriptions, tips/pointers, submitting a resume) or to participate in a particular activity (such as sweepstakes or other promotions). To effectuate a particular feature or function of the website that you wish to use, we will collect and process your personal data. You will be informed at each information collection point what information is required and what information is optional.
- Automated or Passive Information Collection. As you navigate through our website, we may automatically collect (that is, gather without you actively providing the information) information about your browsing actions and patterns. We collect this information using internet protocol addresses, and cookies. In general, we use automated or passive information collection for the purposes of improving our website performance and to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or mobile device. Below is a summary description of these mechanisms of automatic data collection.
- IP Addresses. This site uses internet protocol (IP) addresses. An IP address is a number assigned to your computer by your internet service provider so you can access the internet. Under the GDPR, IP addresses are considered personal data. We use your IP address to diagnose problems with our server, report aggregate information, determine the fastest route for your computer to use in connecting to our site, and administer and improve the site. We do not use your IP address to identify you or create profiles of your website activity.
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store your preferences so we may customize our website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our website.
- Log Files. “Navigational data” (”log files,” “server logs,” and “clickstream” data) are used for system management, to improve the content of the site, market research purposes, and to communicate information to visitors. This site uses navigational data.
How We Use Your Personal Data
If you provide personal information to this site, we may combine such information with other actively collected information unless we specify otherwise at the point of collection. Your data will be shared with third parties, including our website hosts and website service managers.
Personal Data Transfer
Lumos Pharma is based in the United States. For operational, regulatory, legal and compliance reasons we may process, store and transfer the personal data we collect, in and to a country outside your own, with different privacy laws that may or may not be as comprehensive as your own.
Where we do so, and where we are required to under local law, we will put in place appropriate mechanisms to ensure that your personal data receives an adequate level of protection wherever it is processed. When applicable, we will ensure our data processors, such as website hosts, utilize standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission as an international data transfer mechanism.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements. Your information will be deleted, anonymized or pseudonymized once it is no longer needed to comply with our business requirements or regulatory or legal obligations.
The security of your personal data is very important to us. We use physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards designed to protect your personal data from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, use, alteration, or disclosure. We store all personal data you provide to us behind firewalls on servers employing security protections.
However, the safety and security of your information also depends on you. We urge you to take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail or contact forms on this site.
Unfortunately, no Internet transmission is ever 100% secure or error-free. Although we do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to our website. Any transmission of personal data is at your own risk. We are not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the website.
Links to Other Web Sites
Your Rights Based on the Processing of Personal Data
We handle your personal data safely and carefully. However, you may want to know more about how we handle your data. If you are a resident of any country that has implemented the GDPR, these are the rights you have:
- Right of access
- Right of rectification
- Right of erasure
- Right of restriction
- Right of data portability
- Right of objection
- Right to withdrawal your consent
We do not make decisions based on automated decisions, like profiling.
To exercise these rights in relation to your personal data and this website, please contact us at email@example.com. Additional contact information is available at the end of this policy. In most cases, your request will be processed within one month and in general will be free of charge.
If you have unresolved concerns, you have the right to report them to your local data protection authority as well.
How to Contact Us
Bradley Powers, General Counsel
2503 South Loop Dr.
Ames, IA 50010