OUR THERAPEUTIC DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS FOR RARE DISEASES
Lumos Pharma is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company committed to identifying, developing and commercializing life-changing therapies for patients and families living with rare diseases.
The Company’s pipeline features development programs in rare diseases associated with growth hormone deficiencies.
- Also known as ibutamoren, LUM-201 is an orally administered small molecule that promotes the secretion (secretagogue) of Growth Hormone (GH) from the pituitary gland.1
- LUM-201 acts as an agonist of the GH Secretagogue Receptor to stimulate GH release.2
- LUM-201 has been observed to increase the amplitude of endogenous pulsatile GH secretion in humans, which mimics the natural pattern of GH secretion.3,4
- It has been studied in more than 1200 patients, both adult and pediatric, and was generally well-tolerated.
- Clinical development of this orally administered product to treat a subset of children with pediatric growth hormone deficiency (PGHD) is scheduled for mid 2020.
- Patchett A.A. et al, Design and Biological Activities of L-163,191 (MK-0677): A Potent, Orally Active Growth Hormone Secretagogue, Proc Natl Acad Sci, 1995, 92:7001-7005
- Howard A.D. et al, A Receptor in Pituitary and Hypothalamus that Functions in Growth Hormone Release, Science, 1996, 273:974-977
- Nass R. et al, Effects of an Oral Ghrelin Mimetic on Body Composition and Clinical Outcomes in Healthy Older Adults, Ann Intern Med, 2008, 149:601-611
- Chapman I.M. et al, Oral Administration of Growth Hormone (GH) Releasing Peptide-Mimetic MK-677 Stimulates the GH/Insulin-Like Growth Factor-I Axis in Selected GH-Deficient Adults, J Clin Endocrinol Metab, 1997, 82(10):3455-3463